Friday, November 19, 2010

Writing...

This week we completed our first REAL letter to our pen pals in Michigan!  We are learning the parts of a letter and post office procedures.  As an introduction I thought it might be easier for them to fill in the blanks on our first letter.  Here is one of them...
Each child has 1-2 pen pals from Mrs. Melero's class.  She has 26 friends in her class, so 6 of us have two special friends to write to!  We spend every other Friday working on our pen pal letters during our shared journal time!  The kids have decided that we need to take a class trip to the school's mailbox on Monday to mail our package! :)

Also, for the past few weeks, Mrs. Anderson's group of friends have been completing a book called "I am Thankful."  We received our finished book today and here are the pages!


Olivia: I am thankful for my friends in Colorado.

Olivia: I am thankful for my sisters.

Christian: I am thankful for my friends.

Christian: I am thankful for my family.

Amelia: I am thankful for Mrs. Kimbrell.

Amelia: I am thankful for my mom and dad.

Have great weekend!
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment