Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This week (so far) in one post!

We have been so busy this week!  Here are a few of our activities we have been doing!

Math


We are working on measurement in our Math Journals!  Here is a page we completed with a partner.

Ally and Cooper


Akaylin and Quin

Quin

Marcus and Brenden

Word Families

I am in love with these precious monster bags!  Each bag has a tag on it with the different word families we are learning about.  I called up a table at a time to play our "game."  They had to turn over a card and put that word in the correct monster.

Thanks to The Inspired Apple and Abby, I found this great monster sheet to go along with our word family monster activity!  We recorded our -og word family words!  The kids LOVED it!

Nathan and Akaylin

Akaylin and Angel

We had to sort the words into the right monster.

Christian, Abby and Marcus

Blocks
Lately we've been having "block issues."  This is a center that I struggle with adding literacy elements to.  So, on Monday we added a basket of books about building different things (pyramids, houses, hotels, etc.) to give us ideas on what to build.  We also added our "Block Creation Journal."


When they are finished creating thier block masterpiece, they have to fill out a page in our journal...




This has been the center to go to this week!  I was worried they may be resistant but they LOVE drawing and describing their creations!  Every morning before centers they get to share their journal page with the class!

Happy Wednesday!
Love,

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your word family game idea. Those bags are awesome. Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Arvelo-Ferreras! I found the precious monster bags at The Dollar Tree!!!!! :)
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bags are so cute! I might need to find some for next year! I am your newest follower and have been looking at all of your wonderful pictures! You are such a great teacher! I know you are creating memories your kiddos will have forever! =)

    I would love for you to come visit me! I have TONS of *freebies*!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete