Thursday, March 24, 2011

Caterpillars and Eric Carle...

As we continue our Eric Carle author study, here are some more activities we've been working on!

For A House for Hermit Crab the kids each chose a shell for their hermit crab and decorated it.  They then wrote "If I was a hermit crab, I would decorate my shell with..." and they had to write what they used!

A couple of examples!

Cooper and Ally

Amelia

Abby

Dillian

Pierce

For Ten Little Rubber Ducks they took tissue paper and decorated a duck.  Then filled in the blank:
"My rubber duck drifted by a ______________."


We will display the ducks in our classroom!

Angel, Christian and Marcus

Close up of Angel adding his tissue paper!

Also today, to go along with The Grouchy Ladybug and our upcoming DIBELS assessments, I found a ladybug nonsense word sheet!  We did one of these for President's Day and the kids love it so I thought we'd try again!  They are really grasping those nonsense words and blending!  I am so proud!


Mrs. Kimbrell made an example to show with the directions but then it disappeared so that they would have to read those words! :)

Olivia and Rosie working hard!

Akaylin

Christian and Levi

Cooper and Pierce

Finally--yesterday afternoon we had a special package delivered--our caterpillars!  I saved them for this morning and the kids were so excited!  We cannot wait to watch them grow and go through metamorphosis! 



They are so tiny!  But they will not stay that way long! :)

Happy Thursday!
Love,

1 comment: